THE GREEN WOMAN'S GARDEN 413-225-2144
Green Woman's Garden
More and more, people are going "green" and interested in returning to a healthier, more natural lifestyle. The use of herbs is not limited to culinary pursuits, though many will begin their herbal adventures in such a way.
Herbs can enhance our lives by:
- The simple delight of fragrance
- Attraction of beneficial insects
- Landscape enhancement
- Creation of homemade products
- Decorative use ~ fresh or dried
We need to be more mindful of our impact on our planet. Planting natives:
- helps link green spaces to provide safe passage for plants and pollinators
- increases biodiversity and a more natural environment
- creates a more sustainable landscape, using less water, chemicals, and time
- provides visual interest and an enduring legacy for future generations
One need not have a large expanse of space or unending time to enjoy the pleasure of herbs. Our mission is to promote the knowledge of useful plants and to foster a greater appreciation of the natural world by using them in everyday life. We believe that everyone can help provide for our pollinators and wildlife by using native plants and practicing good stewardship of our land.
Herbs and Native Plants
Offered from late April through June/July ~ concentrating on lesser known herbs, native plants, and ornamental flowers. Contact Karen for a current listing of plants - she is willing to custom grow if there is a plant you specifically want.
Through the Year
I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED
I often hear people complain about the difficulty of learning the Latin names of plants. It can be a daunting task, but there are good reasons to at least try to familiarize oneself with the system of using Latin names, also known as binomial nomenclature.